Gear Update: Macbook Air
I’ve had my new Macbook Air for a couple of months now and I wanted to share my thoughts. In short, this is the best laptop I have ever owned. I wasn’t sure if I would like the power and speeed since I’ve been used to a Macbook Pro, but after these last two months, I am loving it.
Here’s what I like.
- The battery life – I can actually use this most of the day without plugging in.
- The heat – My old Macbook Pro would practically burn you if you used it in your lap. With the Air, you can use it anywhere and it doesn’t run near as hot.
- The weight – I didn’t think I would care about the weight, but it has made a huge difference in carrying around my laptop bag.
- The speed – It just seems fast. With the SSD drive it boots fast, it loads programs fast, and you don’t have to wait for it to catch up
- The noise – I very rarely notice the fans. It is much quieter than the Pro.
Here’s what I don’t like.
- nothing, nada, zilch – seriously I can’t think of anything I would change. I don’t mind not having an optical drive, so that’s not a big deal to me. I’ve still got plenty of drive space too, so the 256 Gigs hasn’t been a problem. Seriously, this is a great computer. I definitely like the 13″ size, but this is one great little computer.