I believe the most important thing we can do to grow in our journey with Christ is to regularly read and reflect on His Word. I urge you to pray about developing a consistant plan to read through the Bible. Don’t just talk about doing this, develop a plan on how you will accomplish it. Here are some different online tools you can use to help you start reading. I’ve even included a couple of pdf files that you can download and print out.
Remember, everyone ends up somewhere, but only a few people end up somewhere on purpose! Let’s not only make a commitment to reading God’s Word, let’s make a commitment to obeying what we read.
Plans that you can read through your phone, email, or internet
- Youversion – a great online Bible that you can access from the internet, your web-enabled phone, blackberry, iphone, or ipod touch. There are multiple versions available and they have a great one-year reading plan.
- I’m currently reading through the Bible in the ESV translation. They have many different reading plans that you can read online, subscribe to by email, or read on your web-enabled phone. Check out their available reading plans here.
- The One Year Bible online contains daily readings from the New Living Translation and they even have a facebook app.
PDF Plans that you can download and printout
- One Year New Testament Reading Plan – 5 minutes per day x 5 days per week
- One Year Entire Bible Reading Plan – Read 4 different parts of the Bible each day