The iPhone 4S
Our Apple indoctrination continues. Jennifer picked up a white iPhone 4S yesterday. She switched from US Cellular to Verizon in large part to get the iPhone. We also get the added benefit of better coverage when traveling.
I’ve played around with it and I have to admit that it’s a great phone. I’ll be sticking with Android, but I can’t make too much fun of the iPhone. I’ll be switching over to Verizon later this year when I can get out of my contract without a penalty. Right now the Droid Razr Maxx looks like the phone to get for me.
Here’s what I like about the iPhone over Android phones.
- The camera is incredible, much better than any phone I’ve used or tried
- Siri is better than any of the voice recognition apps I’ve tried on Android
- The keyboard works great, especially for thumb typing
- It integrates well with iCloud and our iPad. It’s nice that we don’t have to buy new apps.
- The screen is tiny, it’s almost comical next to my big Motorola. I would have a tough time adjusting to the smaller screen.
- No 4G. This is really tough to believe since Verizon already has a 4G iPad.
- No MicroSD card and a built-in battery.
- No widgets. I really enjoy being able to customize the homescreens on my Android.
- The glass back. I’m seriously afraid I’m going to drop it. You really need a good case.
Check out the video below.