Yet Another Top 10 List
This list is from Leadership Network Learnings. Todd Rhoades shares ten characteristics of churches who “get it” Check out the link if you want to hear his explanation of each point. He took these points from his personal observations of churches that are really making a “kingdom” impact. I think this list fits in pretty good with most of the new emerging missional churches that I have seen.
- Each church has a pastor with a vision.
- Each church hires almost exclusively from within.
- Speaking of staff, the staff of these churches ‘get it’ too.
- A larger percentage of their staff (or staff wives) are pregnant.
- These churches and pastors don’t have a clue what they’re doing.
- Since they don’t have it all figured out, these pastors all shared with me their desire to connect with other leaders who can help mentor them.
- These churches are not shy about sharing resources.
- Most all of these pastors are bloggers.
- These churches are not afraid to make tough calls.
- Numbers are important to them.