What a Week!
Sorry for the lack of posting, I’ve been swamped this week. Here’s what a crazy week looks like for me. This weekend will be especially brutal.
- Monday – Work all day, Elders meeting at night
- Tuesday – Dr. Appointment in the morning, Christmas shopping with Jenni in Winston until the stores closed
- Wednesday – Work all day, meeting with Virginia Tech Community Design Group at night
- Thursday – Work all day, Coach Emma’s basketball team after work, then work on sermon and work on wedding
- Friday – Work like crazy trying to catch up, try to finish up sermon for Sunday
- Saturday – Rehearsal for wedding I am officiating on Sunday night, try to make it to Emma’s ballet’s production of the Nutcracker by skipping rehearsal dinner.
- Sunday – Get to church early & setup, then preach in church, then get ready for wedding Sunday night, then go to reception
- Monday – back to work
This is one of those survival weeks. I’m just glad they don’t happen too often! But even through this, there have been great times with my wife and kids, and times to slow down and reflect about Christmas. But it also makes you think about what is truly important and where I need to learn to say no more. Anyway, that’s why it has been quiet around here.