We just finished our latest sermon series called Foundations at Cornerstone. Our goal was to focus on basic foundational truths that every believer should know and understand. Sometimes, it’s good to just focus on the basics. I have been surprised throughout the series at the positive response from our mature believers. I think pastors tend to forget that many people struggle with doubt and confusion about what they believe.
We focused this series on questions that people have about their faith.
- Can I trust the Bible?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why is the resurrection important? (Easter Message)
- What is our responsibility?
I created the graphics for this series using simple stock graphics and iMovie. It was quick, but I hope it shows what you can do with simple tools and a limited budget. Here is the opening video for the series.
I love hearing stories of growth and life change, and God moved throughout this series.
- One person shared how much our church has helped him overcome his addiction. His comment was that he has never experienced people who truly care about him
- One person shared how they were fearful of messing up and losing their salvation. When they understood what it truly means to have faith in Christ, they were set free from worry and fear of messing up
- Multiple people trusted Christ for salvation
- Two people who had a previous conflict reconciled and asked forgiveness
Each week I hear stories like these. It never gets old seeing God work miracles in our church!