Pray for …
I’m a typical guy, so I usually don’t ask for anything, but I would appreciate your prayers over the next couple of days. Here are some things to pray for.
- Our community wide prayer service tonight at 7pm at Cornerstone for Praisin’ In the Park. Pray that our local churches would come together and fulfill the prayer of Jesus in John 17 that we would be ONE.
- Pray that my sermon for Sunday will come together. I’m be sharing that God is in Control. It’s a pretty heavy topic when you talk about suffering and pain in the life of a Christian.
- Pray for the local bands that will playing Sunday night before the concert. Pray that God will use them to connect and reach out to the youth of our area.
- Pray for me as I speak before the concert. God has put a burden on me to share a story about how much God longs for us to come to Him. About his love and forgiveness. Please pray that God will use it to soften hearts and allow people to respond to the gospel message.
- Pray for Decemberadio. The guys will be traveling from New Mexico and they will be very tired. Pray that God will use this concert to encourage them as they minister to us. I have seen them play numerous times over the years. I even remember them playing small youth rallies before they were even called Decemberadio. The guys really have a heart and passion to share what Christ has done in their lives. Pray that lives will be changed.
- Pray for all the workers that will be doing everything from parking cars, selling concessions, helping with security, running sound and light, counseling students, and everything else that has to be done behind the scenes. Prayer that God would use the efforts of everyone involved to make this a success.
- Pray for the weather. It all looks good right now, but continue praying that the weather will be great for the outdoor concert.
- Pray for the weeklong community Bible School for students at Praisin’ In the Park. Pray again for all the workers and children who will be there throughout the week.
- And finally, pray for my wife, Jennifer. She is one incredible lady, and she has been like a pinball bouncing around making sure the details fall into place for the concert. Also pray for Diana and Robin as they plan the childrens event for Monday through Thursday. We don’t know how many people to expect, but we pray that many lives will be touched and changed.
Thanks guys for your prayers.