It seems like the last few days have flown by. Before I post some book reviews of books I have read lately, I wanted to share some thoughts about the last few days.
- We just finished week 2 of our Just Walk Across the Room series at church. It’s been challenging to me because I feel like I struggle sometimes in developing friendships with people I don’t already know. But I think some of the best sermons come from issues that you struggle with. I think pastors need to be authentic and not worried about trying to look perfect. My generation is longing for that authenticity and realness of life.
- The youth praise band had a practice and I heard that it was awesome. I can’t wait to hear these guys and girls lead worship in a few weeks in church. I’m thankful that God has brought some people into our church that love teens and love music and can head this up. I just didn’t have the time to put into practicing with the youth praise band. Even though I’m not playing with them this time, I guarantee that I will be their biggest cheerleader.
- It’s tough being the mommy and daddy at home. Jenni has had a bad stomach bug for a couple of days over the weekend, so she was out of commission around the house. So that meant I had to take care of the kiddies and the house, so you can imagine what the house looked like! I’m thankful that she’s feeling better now and I’m even more appreciative of how awesome she really is. I’m blessed because I have the best wife in the world. Seriously!
- We bought a Wii for the kids for Christmas and Jenni and I have been playing it every night after they are asleep. It is so much fun. But we finally decided to let them in on our little secret, so it’s an early Christmas. Luke even told us we didn’t have to get him anything for Christmas because he loves it so much. And my awesome wife (see above) even surprised me with Guitar Hero and I am absolutely loving it. I’m playing in career mode and have almost cleared all the songs on the easy level (I think there are 42 songs to play through, so it takes a while)
- We announced some big news at church yesterday about an opportunity that God has opened up for our church. I will post on that tomorrow with some more details. I don’t know why I am surprised when God answers our prayers.
- I’m meeting another local youth pastor for lunch tomorrow. I really want to do this more often. I want our church to build bridges, not walls with other churches in town. We are not competing, but working together to seek and save that which is lost.
- Now it’s time to try and clear another song or two on guitar hero.