The Essential 100 – A Great Way To Start Reading Your Bible
This year I’m encouraging and challenging you to join me in reading your Bible daily. I shared last night at our First Wednesday service that you need a Bible, a pen, and a plan.
- A Bible that you will actually read and understand
- A pen so that you can write down what God is showing you
- A plan so that you can see the storyline of the Bible through the Creation, Fall, Rescue, and Restoration
The plan I am starting with this year is the Essential 100 Plan. It’s a great plan to use if you are just getting started reading your Bible. Here’s more about the E100 plan.
The Essential 100 Challenge (E100) helps you get an overview of the Bible… without getting bogged down. The Plan guides you through 50 Old Testament passages and 50 New Testament passages — The Essential 100 — so you can see the big picture of God’s Word, and form a daily Bible reading habit in the process. E100 is an achievable way to have a “through the Bible” experience; it’s the Bible reading plan people love to complete.
Will you join me in reading through this plan? Here is how you can start:
- At Cornerstone, we have bookmarks available for you. Pick one up and check off your progress each day.
- On the YouVersion Bible app, you can signup for the E100 plan – Check it out here – You can even listen to it through the YouVersion app if you don’t like to read
- Download a E100 Planner here from my blog
If churches could do only one thing to help people at all levels of spiritual maturity grow in their relationship with Christ, their choice is clear. They would inspire, encourage, and equip their people to read the Bible — specifically, to reflect on Scripture for meaning in their lives. The numbers say most churches are missing the mark — because only one out of five congregants reflects on Scripture every day.” (Move, p 19)
If you are a follower of christ, don’t you owe it to yourself to read and learn about the God you are following? Join me and let’s read, learn, and discuss together!