I just returned from a mission trip to New Jersey. Cornerstone sent a team of 24 people to help with relief work for the Hurricane Sandy victims. We had an incredible week, so I wanted to share what I’m thankful for.
- I’m thankful for a team of Christ-followers who were willing to sacrifice their Thanksgiving break to travel to New Jersey to serve those in need.
- I’m thankful for my wife doing an awesome job of organizing the trip through many emails, phone calls, and last minute changes.
- I’m thankful that the church can come together as the Body of Christ. We stayed with host families from Fellowship Bible Church in New Jersey, and they showed amazing hospitality and grace towards our southern crew.
- I’m thankful that families were able to serve together, and I’m thankful that all three of my children were there serving. The younger children from our team stayed with several of the moms and served at the church sorting and organizing hurricane relief supplies that were donated. Our older youth worked with the rest of the adults to serve on the coast cleaning out damaged houses.
- I’m thankful for the great work that Samaritan’s Purse is doing around the world. We were able to work with them and I came away impressed by their leadership and by their organization. I’m looking forward to serving more with them in the future.
- I’m thankful for leaders at Cornerstone who were able to step up and serve while I was gone. I’m especially thankful for the great message that Travis shared, and for his love and ministry to a hurting family in their time of need.
- I’m thankful that our family was able to spend time together touring Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania Amish Countryside, Hershey’s, and Gettysburg on our trip home. I love making memories with my children.
- I’m also thankful to be home after a long week. I’m encouraged by the friendships formed during our trip, and I’m thankful to be home once again in the land of sweet tea!
Here are some pics from our trip.