We just got back from a trip to the Seacoast DreamCenter at North Charleston. We took our older teens and a few of our college students and spent four days helping and volunteering. It was an incredible experience, and I’ll try to share about a few of our experiences over the next week here on the blog. Our goal was to simply be servants, to help in any way possible and to see what we could learn from them about reaching our community. We spent the week doing a wide variety of work. Here’s a video about what the DreamCenter is doing.
Here are a few of our experiences from the week.
- We did painting and cleaning work around the DreamCenter
- We helped pack and organize backpacks for their back-to-school bash
- We toured Water Missions International and learned about their ministry
- We did landscaping work and built a new walkway (in 100 degree heat :-))
- We helped with their food pantry, clothes closet, and free medical clinic
- Some of our group helped lead worship for their celebrate recovery ministry
- And we were able to visit an assisted living facility and minister to the people there
- And of course we had a little down time at the beach