Christ is risen, and that changes everything. We worship Jesus who reversed the irreversible by defeating death. The resurrection is the dividing point of history, because we have been given life. The grave no longer is something to be feared! This Easter at Cornerstone, we celebrated that new life in Christ. I wanted to share a few things about our weekend at Cornerstone.
- This was the first week we went to two Sunday morning services. It was a big step of faith because it required more people serving and getting involved. I appreciate all of our volunteers who sacrificed and served in so many ways. We have a great group of people who want to see our community transformed for Christ.
- The greatest comment from our response cards came from someone visiting from out of town. Here’s what they said “I was only visiting for the weekend since I live in (…) You were all so welcoming! I am from the north and not used to being so welcomed by other believers. God Bless you!” I love it when people feel welcomed because it allows us to challenge them with truth from God’s Word.
- We had our biggest crowd with more children and young families at our 9:15am service. That surprised me, and it will be interesting to see if that changes next week.
- Both services were full but not crowded. I was excited to see that we still have room to grow even with our largest attendance ever this weekend. Next weekend we will start offering three services every week! 9:15am, 11am, and 6pm
- Our worship team did an awesome job as usual. I don’t think there is another church our size in the entire country that has as much musical talent as we do!
- I was also excited to see lots of new faces and families worshiping with us this weekend. And of course, it’s always amazing when you see people place their faith and trust in Christ and cross over from death to life!
- Not excited to see that our offering was low again this weekend. Our local economy is really struggling and it has definitely affected the giving at church this year. We have to start making some tough decisions in our budget.
- We started a new series this week called One Month to Live. We are challenging everyone to ask the question “What changes would you make in your life if you only had one month to live?” That question is powerful, because it forces us to look at our priorities and values in life. Can you honestly say that you are living passionately for Christ? The truth of the resurrection changes everything. It causes us to change the way we live and change the way we love others.
Nothing can be the same again because of the resurrection. I encourage you to watch the video below to think about how the resurrection has changed your life.
Resurrection: Rob Bell from The Work of Rob Bell on Vimeo.
At the heart of the historical Jesus story is the provocative, compelling, subversive, beautiful insistence that nothing can ever be the same again, not after resurrection.
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mike Morris. Mike Morris said: New blog post: Christ is Risen! http://bit.ly/absjq7 […]