Every year, I challenge our youth to read through the New Testament during the summer. Reading three chapters a day, you can read through the New Testament in three months. I’m a little late issuing the challenge this year because our schools are just now letting out, but I think we all need to read the Bible consisently. The summer is a great time to start. Here is some info that I have posted before about different reading plans.
Plans that you can read through your phone, email, or internet
- Youversion – a great online Bible that you can access from the internet, your web-enabled phone, blackberry, iphone, or ipod touch. There are multiple versions available and they have a great one-year reading plan.
- I’m currently reading through the Bible in the ESV translation. They have many different reading plans that you can read online, subscribe to by email, or read on your web-enabled phone. Check out their available reading plans here.
- The One Year Bible online contains daily readings from the New Living Translation and they even have a facebook app.
PDF Plans that you can download and printout
Here are a few tips:
- Post the checklist somewhere in your room where it will constantly remind you to read
- Pick a time each day when you are least busy
- Pick a consistent place and time and stick with it (early is better, don’t cram it in before you go to bed)
- Keep a notebook or journal and write down things that confuse you or that you have questions about. And then follow through and ask questions. We’ll set aside time during youth to do just that.
- Also write things that you need to change in your life. It is important to allow God to speak to us through His Word and allow His Word to change our lives.
photo by knowhimonline