I’m going to borrow a tradition from my wife’s great blog. Jenni regularly posts her “thankful Thursday” list. On this great Thanksgiving Day, we all have so much to be thankful for. I’m thankful for …
- My wonderful wife – I continue to fall deeper and deeper in love with her. She is an amazing woman. We started dating 18 years ago and our love is stronger than it has ever been.
- My happy children – I had so much fun just playing with the kids today. They are all so special and fun to be around. Jenni and I are blessed to have such great kids.
- My extended family – it was great having Jennifer’s mom and dad, my mom and dad, my brother and his wife, and Jennifer’s uncle all over for Thanksgiving dinner. It is great to have family that actually gets along and that enjoys getting together.
- My church – I am blessed to have a church that actually believes we can make a huge difference in our city. I am thankful that they believe enough in me to actually pay me to do God’s work. I pray that God will continue to bless our efforts and help us as individuals to grow closer to Him.
- My health – I am thankful that everyone in my family is healthy. For me personally, this has been the longest time period in several years that I have been clear of psoriasis. I’m truly praying that God will heal me and that I won’t have to go back on the biologic treatments again. But if that isn’t his will, then I’ve enjoyed a great spring and summer with no pain and problems.
- Our Thanksgiving meal – I am embarrassed by how much good food we had today. From the juicy turkey, to the mashed potatoes made with cream and 2 sticks of butter, to the pumpkin cheesecake, to the great southern gravy and rolls – everything was over the top awesome. It did make me stop and think about how blessed and spoiled we are in this country.
I realize that we live an incredibly blessed and comfortable life. I pray that God will continue to disturb us and challenge us to live our life fully devoted to Him. To everyone reading this post, I pray that you had a great Thanksgiving and I ask that we all take time to thank our maker and creator for our many blessings.
Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.