It’s late on Sunday night and I am totally spent, but I had to share a little about today. Here are some of the highlights from the last few days.
- Sam and I met with a reporter from the Galax Gazette and shared about our new facility. She did a great job and I can’t wait to read the article in the paper when it comes out. She focused several of the questions on our use of technology. Even though I have a huge passion for using it, we still shared that it is only a tool to help communicate our message. Everything from our website to our podcast to our use of videos helps us communicate, connect, and challenge.
- For those of you who went to Catalyst, I feel Cornerstone has gotten “it” back!!!
- My niece and nephew from Charleston spent the night with us and they are awesome. So cute and innocent and sweet. Our kids had a great time hanging out with their cousins.
- Today was our “grand opening” at the new church building. We ran an ad in the local paper and invited several people who helped get the building ready. We set out some additional chairs and rearranged the room a little, but it wasn’t enough. We were packed! We have had tons of new people since the move. It has been a little challenging, but I’m looking forward to going to two services on Sunday morning. Now the fun part of planning and getting people involved.
- I heard our children’s area was slammed as well. They had to move one of the kid’s classrooms to the lobby. I appreciate our teachers being willing to do whatever it takes to make our Cornerstone Kids be a great environment. Misty has done great keeping things organized with all of the recent changes.
- After church, I had a good time just playing with the kids. I played flag football with Luke and Drew in the backyard. Such a fun and happy afternoon laughing and playing.
- Our youth meeting tonight was exciting as always. We had one of the largest groups we have had in a long time. We hooked up a Playstation 2 to our audio/video projection system and played Madden on the big screen. I taught a lesson from 2 Peter 1:3-11 and it felt like they were actually listening. Well most of them were, only a few needed a little encouragment. 🙂
- and finally today I was able to take a step back and look at some of the lives that have been changed at Cornerstone. God is at work and I am humbled to be along for the ride. It’s not always pretty or easy, but it is powerful to see lives broken and restored as they follow Christ.