Okay, I’ve introduced my readers to twitter, now it’s time for Jott. Jott is tough to describe since it does so much. At it’s core, Jott takes voice messages from your phone and transcribes them into text that is emailed or sent as a text message.
- You can call Jott and leave a message to send out a text message to a group of people.
- You can call Jott to record a blog post.
- You can call Jott to update your twitter status.
- You can call Jott to leave yourself a message and then have it emailed back to you.
- You can call Jott to add an appointment to your Google Calendar
and that’s just for starters! And as you know, I like services that are free, and Jott is 100% free to use. I think this would be great to send out messages to your youth group, your praise team, your leadership team, or any other group of people inside your church. And you don’t have to worry about getting some type of carpal tunnel syndrome in your thumbs from texting so much.
If you want to check out Jott in action, then take a look at this video that the guys from Sermonators put together. To show your appreciation, go over and signup for their blog and newsletter. They have some good ideas to improve your preaching, especially if you’re from the south.