It’s been a week of planning and recuperation
This has been a good week for me. I have preached 18 out of the last 19 weeks and I was getting a little behind on some administration and planning. I was also getting a little run-down physically and emotionally as well. I appreciate Sam stepping up to preach this week. I actually get a longer break because Ken Freeman is in town and will speak at Cornerstone the next week. Ken will be in town for 5 nights doing a big community event that is being sponsored by numerous local churches. I will be pretty busy helping with that and then I will go to the Unleash conference. Since that week will be so busy, I have asked Todd Shaw to speak at Cornerstone. So all together, I have three weeks to get caught back up.
I will be focusing on several things.
- I want to get a long range sermon plan done. I already have about 5 different sermon series that I would like to plan out. I want to get together rough outlines and main points so that we can start creatively planning the rest of the service.
- I want to spend some time working on processes. Most problems we have in church are due to not having a clearly defined process. I will be looking at everything from our children’s checkin process to handling benevolence needs to following up with visitors.
- I have about 4 books that I want to read in the next few weeks. I finished one yesterday, so 3 more to go.
- I want to read my Bible more than I have been. I have been reading mostly for study, not for devotion.
- There is still a lot of work and decisions that need to be made for the building downtown, so I will be spending some time on that as well.
- Encouragement: we all need more of it. I want to spend some one on one time with many of our leaders to encourage them and help them.
As a leader, I want to do everything I can to position our church to have the greatest impact. It’s all about seeing lives transformed, marriages healed, addictions broken, and God glorified. I’m already feeling rejuvenated not having to prepare a sermon for this week. I love teaching and preaching but it does take a lot out of you physically and mentally.