The past few weeks have been incredibly busy for me. Sermon preparation has taken much of my time since I am starting a new series this week. Then all the meetings, planning sessions, and phone calls. It has been slightly overwhelming. But tonight, I am just turning it all over to Jesus. I know I can’t do anything on my own. There is so much more that I feel like I need to do, but I know that God wants me to focus on what He is calling me to do.
There will always be more to do
- There will always be another meeting that needs to be planned
- There will always be another visit that needs to be done
- There will always be more sermon planning that has to be done (Sunday comes every week)
- There will always be another phone call that should be made
- There will always be someone that needs more of your time than you can give
But at the end of the day, can we say that we have truly followed God? If we have, then we can be confident that we have been obedient. Ministry takes patience, passion, and endurance. This week has been a good reminder of that. There will always be more to do. Our job is not to check everything off our to-do list; our job is to simply be obedient. When the unexpected happens, we must be willing to lay aside our plans so we can follow God’s plan. When you look at it from that perspective, overwhelmed doesn’t seem like the right word anymore. Maybe blessed is a better word to use.