I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the direction for this blog. It started out as a blog for just my random thoughts. I have posted about youth ministry, church, technology, and my family, probably in that order. But over the last year, I have gone through some big changes in my life. The biggest of course was my transition into full-time ministry. I spent ten years doing part time ministry as a youth pastor, but now I am also the pastor. So which direction will the blog go? I think over the next year, I will focus on some different things. So here’s my list
- pastoring a church plant: There are so many unique issues that new churches face. I want to address what we are going through, especially in the context of a small town in the south. Being a portable church also raises some interesting questions, so I want to talk about what we are learning.
- the combination of pastor/youth pastor roles: I have seen very little on this, probably because you have to be crazy to attempt it. And I know that as we grow, I will have to transition into one or the other. But for right now, it’s working and I want to share why.
- the use of technology in small churches: How can a small church use technology without breaking the bank? I want to share some ways we are using technology as well as where we want to go.
- my family: I am incredibly blessed with a wonderful family. I can’t keep quiet about my kids and my wife. And since it’s my blog, you’re going to hear about them!
- and any other random thoughts I have: As I’m studying I want to share what I’m learning. I’m interested in all different types of computers and technology and gadgets, but I’m also a student of culture as well. When I see something that is insightful, I will be sure to pass it along.